Current Opening: Controller
Department: G & A
This position will provide leadership for financial operations of the Company. Ensure that the Company has excellent systems and procedures in support of accurate and timely financial reporting requirements.
- Hire, train and manage financial operations staff. Provide leadership and mentoring to the Accounting team
- Manage a focused motivated team to ensure delivery of financial information that is accurate, timely and relevant and ensure a strong system of internal control is maintained. Develop and maintain financial accounting systems that support the Company’s goals and reporting requirements.
- Develop detailed financial, cost, budget and accounting reports for management review. Analyze and interpret operating results from a financial perspective. Develop financial reports needed to implement business plans and allocate funds, providing financial analysis to cross-functional departments in the areas of operational efficiencies, forecasting, and trend projections.
- Supervise the month end close process including review of GL entries, monthly account reconciliations and analysis of budget-to-actual fluctuations to ensure accuracy of financial results.
- Through the Accounting Manager, manage the accounting processes including AP/AR, Payroll, GL, Cash, Inventory/Manufacturing and all Standard Costing activities, Fixed Asset process, comprising asset acquisition and disposal, and related depreciation and amortization schedules, and financial reporting functions.
- Manage stock option administration, Cap Table and option accounting
- Focal point for audit preparation and support of auditors
- Develop and maintain policies to ensure accurate accounting, financial reporting and reliable internal controls; ensure financial integrity through strong controls
- Create, revise and/or reengineer accounting procedures to streamline reporting activities and to improve and validate accurate reporting
- Advise senior management regarding financial objectives and fiscal policies of the company
- All work completed shall be in compliance with the FDA and international CE device regulations and company quality assurance procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience required, privately equity experience desired. CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of related experience (preferably in the medical device industry) is required. Must additionally have at least five years of management experience
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required
- Prophix, Quickbooks, SAP Business1, Shareworks equity software, extensive Excel, and MS Access skills strongly preferred
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.