Current Opening: Sr Electrical Systems Engineer
Department: Product Development
We have a great opportunity available in our Product Development group for a Senior Electrical Systems Engineer. In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for supporting new product development in all aspects, providing engineering support for moderate to complex design, development, and implementation assignments. Provide technical support for the projects, functions and strategic objectives of the department/company.
Full product life cycle involvement including:
- Actively lead in the generation of requirements interpretation, design descriptions, design specifications, prototypes, system integration, and design verification
- Participate in the entire product life cycle from concept to V&V testing and release, while addressing issues such as reliability, serviceability, and manufacturability
- Develop hardware and embedded software solutions for next generation device
- Define and develop test methodologies and test plans to verify designs component verification, and system validation
- Facilitate standards and qualifications testing such as IEC60601 safety, environmental, and emissions
- Design transfer to manufacturing, including process development and fixture design
- Support integrated hardware and embedded software on existing product and new products
- Customer support and complaint investigation with ability to effectively present and respond to questions from internal and external teams
- Read, analyze and interpret engineering specifications to industry requirements
- Manage projects to scheduled milestones
- Guide the work efforts of junior engineers, technicians, and OEM vendors
- Write reports, specifications, procedures and business correspondence
- BS or MSEE with seven plus years’ experience with systems design with a minimum of three years in a medical device environment preferred. Similar regulated fields may also be considered (ex. Aerospace)
- Experience with ISO and IEC electrical safety related standards
- Knowledge and experience working with international safety and operating standards for medical devices, e.g. EN 60601, UL2601, etc.
- Experience with PCB layout and circuit design
- Experience with systems development, requirements decomposition, and design practices compliant with quality and design control systems appropriate for class II medical devices
- Knowledge of FDA Quality System and Design Control requirements
- Proven track record of successful product development using a variety of design tools
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish fact, draw valid conclusions
- Great teamwork skills including strong written and verbal communications, critical thinking and analysis, and a drive for excellence; drive to get the job done and willingness to jump in wherever needed
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables
Duties of this job may involve standing and/or walking, working in the lab; but for most part sitting for extended periods of time.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.